Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
• 1.Employers Name For Ex.: Hennes and Mauritz fashion retail
• 2. Full Employees Name For Ex.: Violeta Lysenko
• 3. Job title For Ex.: Sales advisor
• 4. Pay rate For Ex.: ?7.50 per hour
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
• Data protection
• Health and safety
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
• Rights and resposobilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
• Internal(inside organisation) :
Hand books and any other documents held in the company
• External(outside organisation) :
Citizens Advice Bureau
Web pages such as direct.gov.uk
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
There are two different types of representative bodies. First is trade union representatives and second is non-trade union representatives. This 2 organisations can answer and guide you with such issues as health and safety at the workplace, your pension etc. Only exceptions is, that non-trade union representatives can not provide help to employees with questions about union learning and collective bargaining.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and.